Friday, November 10, 2017

Day 9 : Liver panel results.

I finally faced my fear of getting the liver panel done.

My enzymes are elevated, but not very much. Most are normal, but my AST was 70 (high end should be 56).

I have an appointment with a new primary care doctor a week from today for a full physical and to discuss the liver results.

The test was done at the hospital where I'm attending OP and Nurse Practitioner was the one to go over the results with me.

I can't tell  you how relieved I am. I have literally spent the past TWO YEARS in fear that I had given myself cirrhosis... and you'd think that fear would be enough to make someone now drink, but it just didn't work that way.

I am learning a lot more about HOW alcoholism is a brain disease. Not a moral failing.

The NP suggested Clonidine for anxiety and PTSD symptoms, so I started taking it yesterday and OMG..  IT WORKS! It reduces adrenaline in your body. I am so grateful that I said yes to it.

The drinking has been my medicine for anxiety and it backfired big time. I even slept a little better last night (I think I got a whole 5 1/2 hours!)


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations ST -
    PS my Dr told me that our liver is super strong and by the time we actually find any damage it is almost too late! so good on you for looking at it now
    M xx

    ReplyDelete