Sunday, January 7, 2018

Day 35: Willingness

It has been pointed out to me that urges to drink are just feelings and feelings come and go.

The last two days, I've had urges to drink. I realize I need to up the ante and attend face to face meetings. AA, SMART Recovery... anything is better than nothing.

So much of the first month was just getting used to breathing in this world without alcohol. Literally.

I can tell that my sobriety is in danger if I don't create a real life support system.

Willingness in my word of the year.

Willing to go to any lengths to get sober.

Am I? I sure hope so.

I don't know why I'm so reluctant. I went to several meetings before I moved. I am not longer totally overwhelmed by people or overstimulated like I was in the beginning. That's why I had a rough time going then.

I moved Jan. 1st into an apartment. I'm starting a new job in a couple weeks. Things are looking up for sure!

I guess I feel just blah.

..but blah is OK. Sober is always better. Blah sober is awesome actually. So much better than drunk/hungover and so anxious I can barely leave the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment